Release Notes - Version 0.11.x
- Better Windows support #568
- Implement PyBuilder access to git describe #565
- Fix for #523 for the 0.11 branch #527
- FINAL VERSION TO SUPPORT PYTHON 2.6/3.3
- Final 0.11.x release #505
- using / as path separator in setup.py #488
- Move setuptools to 35.x #478
- Update setuptools to ~=34.0 #465
- Allow obsoleting packages with “obsoletes” #456
- PyBuilder needs to depend on modern setuptools #452
- Allow specifying python version constraint #450
- Add Python 3.6 support #446
- Copy resource doesn’t include the
LICENSEfile in the distro #443
- Coverage plugin fails when fails to load covered module #441
- Increasing test coverage on vcs_tests.py #439
- Allow modifying default targets similar to manner of adding them in #412 #438
- Fix PyPI documentation #435
pandoc>=1.18is installed with
- python.distutils plugin:
- Flake8 3.2.0 broke the build #420
- Uptake new PIP upgrade features #416
- Allow to append build targets to default from command line #413
- Generate package summary and description based on a
- Wrong dependency version error formatting #405
- Fix paths in the Sphinx PyB quickstart and runtime configuration #403
- Wrong logging level for
- Sphinx configuration should share PyB at runtime #398 #399
- Color escape sequence not properly terminated #390
expand_pathfor Windows and
- Pathing issues on pypi upload on Windows #391
python.distutilsplugin doesn’t support
- Coverage should be setup to cover multiprocessing and forks #384
- Recursive dependency upgrades should be subject to global version constraints #380
- Coverage for missing modules should cause a failure #377
- Fix path separators and protect log file names on Windows #371
include_directoryfix for manifest and
- Entry-points should handle a single entry correctly #359
- Add a proper pdoc plugin #353
@dependentsignores customized task name #357
@dependentsdoes not inject dependencies from plugin if task is already defined earlier #355
install_dependenciesbehavior should mirror #340 #347
- Sphinx indicates failure with -v but not without it #350
- Support for pip trusted hosts #341
- Add possibility to specify plugin versions #340
- Fix issue in generated
unittest-xml-reportingdependency to maintain py2.6 support #333 (thanks @snordhausen)
- Distutils upload signing #325
- Ability to customize packaging options ad nauseam #331
- Success message after generating
- Windows fixes (thanks @Lucas-C and @guillermooo).
- Cram plugin can now run cram from the
targetdirectory and does so by default #318
install_dependencies_(extra_)index_urlshould affect all PIP operations #313
install_dependenciesdoesn’t work in version 0.11.3 #311
- Allow dynamic discovery
- Coverage plugin now excludes namespaces (not backed by an actual source file) #301
- Installing dependencies with use of an HTTPS proxy is now possible #299
- Python 3.5 issue resolved #287
- External tool dependencies for plugins are now properly updated #272
pyb installnow forces the reinstallation #282
- Cram now handles the case where there are no tests #280
- Plugins can be installed via VCS #276
- PyBuilder projects can be installed via URL-based install #200
- Plugins can now find out if a task is in the current execution plan #275
- Handling system exits gracefully #255
- Plugin-specified constraints for PyBuilder API version #257
pyb -onow properly excludes all optional tasks #263
- Fixed missing
pyb -Tshows build plan #262
- Possibility to inject tasks as dependent #188
- Fixed egg/wheel shebangs #168
- Optional automatic version augmentation based on
- Upload repository for distutils upload task now works #243
- Fixed issue with
- New tasks for printing module and script directory path #208
- Support for setuptools pre- and post-install logic #227
- Flake8 plugin now checks for directory existence before including it #230
- Helpful error message when
pyb -tis not called in the project root directory #226
project.include_directoryfunctionality #223. Pull request by @glujan
- Coverage plugin will not reset modules per default (only if
coverage_reset_modulesis set to
- Coverage forking disabled for windows OS #184
- Coverage / branch coverage discrepancy fix #203
- Resolved flake8 plugin filtering issue #202
- New plugin for debian packaging by @locolupo #190
- The distutils plugin can now upload distributions #187
- Resolved issue with
install_dependencieson windows OS #185.
0.11.0metadata claimed to support python 3.2. This has been fixed.
- Nearly this entire release is courtesy of arcivanov. Thanks!!!
- Fixed an issue where a forked coverage measurement would not properly failed the build.
- unit test and coverage measurement are now library functions in an API sense.
pyb installnow works and acts like
setup.py install(distutils plugin).
- PyBuilder can now be installed with
pip install git://github.com/pybuilder/pybuilder.git@<branch>
- Forked processes (like coverage measurements) now correctly report back their errors.
- Huge improvements to coverage accuracy when building PyBuilder itself / libraries which use part of their own code in order to build, e.G. if you run library code in
- Branch coverage and html reports have been added to the
python.coverageprocess will now always fork when measuring coverage, disregarding the
coverage_forksetting is now deprecated.
python.unittestplugin will now always fork.
- Module reloading has been removed. It is no longer useful since coverage and unit tests run in separate forks.
unittest_runnermust now accept a positional argument which is a filelike object. Writing to this filelike object is preferred rather than using stdout/stderr.
- Introduced teardown actions. Also action ordering is now stable/guaranteed.
- Introduced optional task dependencies (as opposed to required task dependencies). With the command line switch
-x task_namea set of optional tasks can be skipped (repeat if required). With the command line switch
--force-excludethis can be expanded to exclude required dependencies as well (but might lead to build consistency problems).
- Python 3.2 support has been dropped, please upgrade to 3.3 or 3.4
python.unittestplugin now generates nUnit-style XML reports by default (these can be parsed by jenkins).