Release Notes - Archived Versions
- There is now a pacman in your integration tests!
- Integration test progress bar now works on Mac OS.
- Improved error messages when
integrationtest_additional_environmentis not a map.
- Improved resilience of the integration test plugin when running tests in parallel and there are errors in the plugin code itself.
- The integrationtest plugin now displays a progress bar when tests are run in parallel. The bar indicates the amount of tests that are finished, running, and not started yet. In an automated CI build environment without TTY (Jenkins, Teamcity, …) text based output is used to avoid cluttering the logs with carriage returns.
- The unittest plugin is now able to provide useful error messages when unit tests have import errors.
- The pytddmon plugin now disables the color pulse for more focus.
- Added a command,
pyb --start-project, to create a python project skeleton.
flake8plugin now complies with the project
- Increased severity of the
pythonbuildermodule deprecation warning.
- Added a new plugin,
python.pycharm, which can generate PyCharm project files.
- Added a new plugin,
python.pytddmon, which can be used to monitor unit tests
- Allows the user to define a project variable “unittest_test_method_prefix” as a prefix for the unit test method names.
- The flake8 plugin no longer causes build errors when used on a project without unittests or integrationtests
in conjunction with the property
- The flake8 plugin is now able to also lint test sources.
This behaviour is disabled by default but may be enabled by setting the
- The flake8 plugin now requires
prepareto run first and thus no longer results in errors after
- Fixed a compatibility issue on windows
- It is now possible to use external plugins.
An external plugin should be an importable python package that exposes its tasks
in the top-level (e.G. in
__init__.py). The plugin can be used through the
use_plugindirective without further ado but must currently be bootstrapped manually.
- The property
integrationtest_workerswas removed. Instead, you may now set
integrationtest_cpu_scaling_factorto an integer n, which will use
n * cpu_countworkers to run the integration tests.
The integrationtest plugin can now run test in parallel. This behaviour can be enabled with
The degree of parallelization defaults to four times the amount of cores but may be overridden with
- It can no longer occur that the
ronn_manpageplugin fails due to the reports directory not existing.
- New plugin ronn_manpage to generate manpages from markdown sources
- The -t option no longer causes an error on python3
- option “-t” list of tasks: improved layout
- django plugin: task djang_run_server is now ready for django 1.5
- django plugin bug fix: import django only when executing task
- the project itself now has a property “verbose”. It’s possible to set the project verbose by default via: project.set_property(“verbose”, True)
- install_dependencies plugin has verbose output now
- integrationtest plugin: prints output and error files if verbose option enabled
- pep8 and flake8 define their own dependencies
- created -v/–verbose option for “pyb”
- flake8 plugin offers verbose option
- Verbose output for report generating plugins. Pull request by Vanuan.
- Added several new options for the
install_dependenciesplugin to customize the
pyfixplugins define their dependencies.
very-quietcommand line option.
- Bug fix:
copy_resourcesplugin uses correct target.
pyfix_unittestplugin that executes unittests written using pyfix.
- Bug fix: Fixed version “operator” when handling dependencies in distutils.
- Bug fix: Reading default tasks after initializers have been executed.
- Initial release of environments.
- Added two properties that allow the customization of the environment used for integration tests.
- Added validation step that validates the integrity of dependencies.
- Distutils plugin supports URLs for dependencies and adds a
- Bugfix release for
- Dependencies take an optional URL which is used for installation.
- Added install_dependencies plugin which provides capabilities to install build and runtime dependencies for Python projects.
- pybuilder is now compatible with Python 3.
- Snakefood plugin has been discontinued because snakefood seems rather unmaintained and is not compatible to Python 3.
- Introduced build dependencies that do not get added as install_requires to setup.py files
- Added flake8 plugin. Added support for installing files.